Nov 29, 2022
AOT 3071 - Computerized Accounting
Clock Hours: 106
Prerequisites: Completion of General Office and Administrative Support
Industry Certifications Competencies are aligned with the requirements for the National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers (NACPB) and QuickBooks Certification Exam and the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User (IQCU) exam.
The student will learn to apply basic accounting principles and procedures to computerized accounting procedures. This will be completed through a review of fundamental accounting concepts, working with financial statements, working with source documents, performing financial analysis and comparisons through reporting, and creating and managing computerized accounts /reports.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Getting Started/basic operations of computerized accounting
- Setting up Software such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc.
- Working with Lists
- Working with bank accounts
- Using other accounts
- Entering sales information
- Receiving payments and making deposits
- Entering and paying bills/invoices
- Analyzing financial data
- Setting up inventory
- Tracking and paying sales tax
- Doing payroll
- Estimating and progress invoicing
- Tracking time
- Customizing forms and writing QuickBooks letter
- Working with multiple currencies