May 16, 2022
AOT 3170 - Understanding Bank Products
Clock Hours: 58
Prerequisites: Completion of General Office and Administrative Support
Industry Certifications Competencies in this diploma are aligned with the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), which follows the requirements from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
The student will be introduced to customer service strategies and the responsibilities of the teller, the essential departments of the bank, bank regulations, and specialized products offered with a bank.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Gain a knowledge of day-to-day responsibilities of a teller.
- Understand the importance of customers to a bank.
- Understand essential customer relations responsibilities.
- Know the key departments that comprise a bank and how the employees in those departments work together with tellers.
- Recognize the different types of products and services offered by the bank.
- Know the importance of regulations and how to comply with bank regulations.
- Know how to manage/maintain your cash drawer.
- Know how to identify the financial needs of the bank customers and assist them with meeting those needs.
- Learn to protect the bank and its customers in cases of forgery, counterfeits, and fraud.