Oct 05, 2022
AOT 3180 - Teller Basics
Clock Hours: 160
Prerequisites: Completion of General Office and Administrative Support
Industry Certifications Competencies in this diploma are aligned with the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), which follows the requirements from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
The student will learn about negotiable instruments and services offered through banks and financial institutions.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain what negotiable instruments are, why they were developed and how they are transferred.
- Identify the differences between various types of negotiable instruments and how they are used by customers.
- Issue negotiable instruments, including cashier’s checks, money orders, and traveler’s checks.
- Understand bank services and products: loans, savings clubs, tax deposits, utility payments and bearer bond coupons and US Savings Bonds.
- Issue credit card advances.
- Describe electronic banking services.
- Identify specialized bank products and services and have knowledge to explain their features and benefits.