CITC 2299 - CO-OP / Internship II in Computer Information Technology
Credit hours: 2
This course can be either a field experience such as an internship, or a project-based course. The description will vary among institutions.
The minimum required on-site IT work hours per semester credit hour awarded for co-op or internship credit is 40. Therefore, the required hours for these four courses are as follows:
CITC 2199 (1 SCH = 40 hours)
CITC 2299 (2 SCH = 80 hours)
CITC 2399 (3 SCH = 120 hours)
CITC 2499 (4 SCH = 160 hours)
Student Learning Outcomes:
In a project-based course, students will be able to:
- Understand, explain, design, and create a computer-based project in either an individual or team-based scenario.
- Present and defend the outcomes of the computer-based project.
- Demonstrate appropriate skill level in the applicable CIT concentration.
In an internship course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic computer information technology in a professional environment.
- Exhibit the ability to work effectively as part of a team in the professional environment.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude and professionalism by regularly attending and being punctual for the internship job.