Oct 03, 2022
CITC 2368 - Storage + Certification
Credit hours: 3
This course delivers the basics of knowledge and skills required to configure basic networks that include archive, backup and restoration technologies. The course will detail the fundamentals of business continuity, application workload, system integration and storage/system administration while performing basic troubleshooting. Students will be prepared to take the CompTIA Storage+ Certification exam.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to:
- Define and utilize the Detect, Diagnose, Recover and Restore (DDRR) with RPO and RTO implementations.
- Identify the importance and differences between Backup and Archive solutions
- Examine Disk, Tape, Virtual Tape, Data De-Duplication, Continuous Data Protection and Snapshots
- Examine Incremental, Differential, Full and Progressive levels
- Examine LAN based, LAN free, Server Free and Server less backup strategies
- Explain the principles of Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) and Tiered Storage
- Learn Storage Virtualization elements and how they tie into Server Virtualization
- Examine both SNMP and SMI-S storage management
- Identify the issues and solutions to Storage Network Security
- Define Cloud Storage, Green Storage and Green Data