Nov 29, 2022
AOT 7010 - Employability Skills
Clock Hours: 72
This class will provide you with the skills you need to search for job opportunities; apply for jobs; create a cover letter, resume, and follow-up letter; perform successfully in an interview; complete a job application; and remain current in your profession.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Use time management skills to be as productive as possible.
- Understand the responsibility owed to the employer to be on time, productive and professional in dress and behavior.
- Demonstrate teamwork, either using face-to-face or collaborative technologies, such as Skype, web conferencing, wikis, and/or virtual worlds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what constitutes good work ethics.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality on the job.
- Apply job search techniques, such as in person and online networking.
- Prepare a variety of employment communications.
- Demonstrate effective responses to common interview questions.
- Demonstrate good preparation activities for interviews.