Oct 05, 2022
AOT 0003 - Worker Characteristic - Accounting Assistant
Clock Hours: 6
Prerequisites: Completion of General Office and Administrative Support
Throughout the trimester students will be taught and graded on work ethics topics. The topics to be covered are: attendance, appearance, character, teamwork, attitude, productivity/safety, organizational skills, communication, cooperation, and respect.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the 10 Essential Worker Characteristic Skills:
- Attends class as scheduled.
- Arrives/leaves on time (no tardies).
- Notifies instructor prior to or day of being absent.
- Displays loyalty, honesty, trustworthiness.
- Displays dependability and reliability.
- Displays initiative, self-discipline and self-responsibility.
- Displays self-discipline and performs what is asked of them.
- Respects the rights of others.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- As a team worker that is cooperative, mannerly, and appropriately assertive.
- Displays a customer service attitude.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous learning from others.
- Demonstrates appropriate dress indicative of trade.
- Demonstrates professional grooming and hygiene.
- Presents oneself professionally each day.
- Displays a positive and professional attitude.
- Displays self-confidence.
- Displays high expectations of success in trade.
- Follows safety practices.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area.
- Follows directions and procedures.
- Completes assignments in keeping with deadlines.
G. Organization Skills
- Prioritizes and manages class time.
- Demonstrates flexibility in handling change.
- Displays appropriate nonverbal skills (eye contact, body language).
- Displays appropriate listening skills.
- Uses appropriate language on a professional level.
- Displays leadership skills.
- Appropriately handles criticism, conflicts and complaints.
- Demonstrates problem-solving capabilities.
- Maintains appropriate relationships with instructors and peers.
- Follows requests of instructor.
- Engages with cultural and racial diversity in a professional manner.
- Refrains from engaging in harassment of any kind.
- Encourages others to avoid harassment.