May 16, 2022
AOT 3010 - Business Communications - Financial Services
Clock Hours: 108
Prerequisites: Completion of General Office and Administrative Support
Industry Certifications Competencies in this diploma are aligned with the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), which follows the requirements from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
The student will learn the communication techniques and principles for the financial industry to include: proper written and verbal skills, confidentiality, and working with diverse populations.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use effective grammar skills.
- Use effective punctuation skills including number usage, capitalization, and abbreviations.
- Create written messages to ensure context is grouped effectively and to ensure paragraphs/ ideas transition well.
- Demonstrate effective listening and speaking skills.
- Produce and distribute business messages (positive, negative, persuasive, etc.).
- Demonstrate sensitivity in communicating with a diverse workforce.
- Develop communication skills for an international audience.
- Demonstrate the use of reference materials.
- Develop effective proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate ability to research, organize, and prepare a written and/or oral presentation.