Jan 22, 2022
SONO 2028 - Vascular Clinic 3
Credit hours: 2
Prerequisites: SONO 2018 - Vascular Clinic 2 (Chattanooga State)
Industry Certifications American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography’s Vascular Technology (VT) certification examination (though the learner is not eligible until completing a minimum of a 12-month accredited sonography program).
A continuation of SONO 2018 Vascular Clinic 2. The student will have the opportunity to develop increased knowledge and skills in performing vascular sonographic examinations and demonstrating normal anatomy or pathology. Pathologic processes shall be further described to build on the student’s present understanding of abnormal physiological processes. The student will be allowed to continue the practice and performance of advanced and more invasive vascular examinations under clinical supervision. Case studies and imaging critiques will continue. The student’s performance shall be further evaluated through continued sonographer and instructor evaluations and higher-level clinical competencies in each related category.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to:
- Properly perform routine patient care and management techniques.
- Transition from intermediate to advanced scanning and imaging of vascular examination performance, with specialty exams.
- Obtain the appropriate clinical history and indicative data to support optimal diagnostic results.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in communications with patients and physicians concerning examination processes and results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human structure and function, as related to vascular imaging and physiologic studies.
- Demonstrate an advanced working knowledge of the ultrasound unit’s instrumentation.
- Operate under the Sonographers’ Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice, adhering to established HIPAA and Joint Commission policies and regulations.
- Signify the importance of sonographer education as part of the accredited sonography laboratory.