May 16, 2022
AMP 1020 - Certified Production Technician - Safety Module and Test
Clock Hours: 50
Industry Certifications Certified Production Technician Safety
A blended approach to learning that introduces the student to safety concepts used in a productive manufacturing workplace. Students will receive instruction via textbook, handouts, lecture, and the CPT Safety courseware.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- Explain why manufacturing is an excellent career choice
- Understand the major sub-industries within manufacturing.
- Understand the major responsibilities of a frontline production worker.
- Understand the six major concentrations in frontline manufacturing.
- Explain the importance of MSSC certification.
- Identify agencies that regulate safety in the workplace.
- Describe the role of a safety committee.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety issues and practices to prevent accidents or recommend action in the workplace.
- Explain how to handle hazardous materials and hazardous waste safely.