May 16, 2022
AOT 1050 - Computer Essentials
Clock Hours: 120
Industry Certifications Microsoft Office Specialist in one or more Microsoft Office Programs; or Microsoft Office Specialist Expert in Word Expert or Excel Expert level.
To ensure the student develops skills in document creation, file creation and file management in order to work with data effectively for a career in today’s workplace. This course contains document processing with emphasis on the formatting of various business correspondence reports, understanding the internet, various browsers and search engines, and email procedures and etiquette.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Identify the hardware essentials for a computer system.
- Understand the operating systems for PC/MAC.
- Identify and understand the use of peripheral devices.
- Organize and manage files and folders.
- Understand the Internet and various browsers and search engines.
- Perform problem solving and research with the Internet.
- Utilize email systems and etiquette.
- Gain knowledge of the basic formatting features of a word processing program.
- Create basic business documents- simple letters and memos.
- Proofread and edit for effective mailing.