Feb 01, 2023
ENTR 1300 - ACCT & FIN MGMT for Entrepreneurs
Credit hours: 3
Prerequisites: ACCT 1010
This course provides an overview of accounting and financial management concepts for small businesses and new business startups.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate how economic events are identified and communicated to users of financial information.
- Explain the different bases of accounting and of business taxation.
- Apply the basic principles of internal control.
- Distinguish between assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Recognize intellectual property and its value.
- Describe the basic principles of financial and managerial accounting.
- Recognize the impact on profitability of different cost behaviors.
- Recognize the difference between cash and profitability and the basics of good cash management.
- Prepare basic business budgets.