Oct 05, 2022
AOT 3010 - Business Communications - Administrative Assistant
Clock Hours: 108
Prerequisites: Completion of General Office and Administrative Support Specialists Certificates
Industry Certifications Competencies in this diploma are aligned with the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), which follows the requirements from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
This course is designed to help the student learn the concepts and principles related to the administrative workforce. Students will learn the essential skills of writing, speaking, presenting, and behaving professionally in today’s technological workforce. Additionally, the student will develop high order of thinking skills in various skill areas, such as: problem solving, communication building, ethical decision making and business letter writing component.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Review effective grammar skills and proofreading techniques.
- Create written business messages so ideas flow smoothly.
- Produce positive, negative, and persuasive messages using the appropriate structure and approach.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in communications with diverse groups.
- Understand difference in gender, ethnic and cultural communication styles.
- Produce and edit copy to produce documents ready for distribution.
- Demonstrate the ability to research, organize, and prepare an oral presentation.
- Create a polished digital media presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to draft written copies to be used with new media technologies to provide customer service.