Tennessee Board of Regents
Common Curriculum Program of Study Summary
College: TBR Community Colleges and RODP
Academic Program Inventory Title: A.A.S. in Business
Catalogue Program Title, including Concentration: A.A.S. in Business, Management Concentration
API CIP code: 32.52.0201.00 SOC Code:11.9199
Management Concentration CIP: 52.0201
Program Description, including Program Outcomes:
The A.A.S. degree in Business, with a concentration in Management, is designed to prepare students for employment or advancement in a business or organizational environment immediately following graduation. Skills obtained in this program could be applied to a variety of settings including retail, office, hospitality and operations management, as well as sales and customer service.
As a result of having completed the appropriate courses in the Business management degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, think critically, and develop problem solving skills utilizing quantitative data in business situations through physical or virtual presence in writing, speaking, listening, and electronic media.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the American free enterprise system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic interaction of supply and demand.
- Apply business and management knowledge through employability of skills.
- Interpret accounting information, marketing practices, and economic data and be creative with business solutions.