The Advanced Manufacturing Production Associate/Advanced Manufacturing Production Technician (AMPA/AMPT) program is a 432 hour, dual-enrollment (secondary only) program. It was approved by the Tennessee Board of Regents in 2017.
It was designed as a pathway for secondary students to be prepared for careers in advanced manufacturing facilities. The Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) notes that positions as Production Associates in advanced manufacturing facilities is one of the top in-demand occupations in Tennessee.
The AMPT program addresses the needs of various entities in the state.
- This program addresses the shortage of production associates in manufacturing facilities.
- Emphasizes the “soft skills” needed to be successful in the workplace.
- It expands the opportunities to earn technical college credit and industry recognized stackable credentials within their current school setting.
- It equips them with a valuable set of skills that will allow them to earn a living wage immediately after high school graduation.
For K-12 districts:
- It expands options to delivery Early Post-Secondary Opportunities (EPSOs) to their students via dual-enrollment with their local TCAT.
- It expands opportunities for their students to earn industry recognized credentials.
- It is an opportunity to increase dual-enrollment student headcount.
- It is another certificate option that counts towards our “Drive to 55” goal.
- It is a driver of economic development activity by increasing the number of residents with technical college certificates and industry credentials.
The program has two (2) exit points:
- Advanced Manufacturing Production Associate (AMPA) - 216 hours
- Advanced Manufacturing Production Technician (AMPT) - 432 hours (includes AMPA)
Professional Accrediting Body:
State Agency/Entity Oversight:
Applicable Certification/License or Industry-recognized Certificates to Be Awarded:
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- MSSC’s Certified Production Technician (CPT)
- Manufacturing Processes and Production
- Maintenance Awareness