Proposed Academic Program Inventory Title:
A.A.S. Degree in Industrial Process Control Technology (60 SCH)
Proposed Academic Program Inventory Title including concentrations:
A.A.S. Degree in Industrial Process Control Technology with concentrations in:
- Maintenance Technology
- Process Technology
CIP Code/s: API CIP code: 15.0612
SOC 1: 51-8091 SOC 4: 49-9044
SOC 2: 47-2111 SOC 5: 49-2094
SOC 3: 47-2152
The Industrial Process Control Technology program is designed to provide skills for those who are interested in a career as a process control or maintenance technician. The program trains students to work as a key member of a team of people responsible for planning, analyzing and controlling the production of products - from acquisition of raw materials through the production and distribution of products to customers in a variety of industries, to include but are not limited to, chemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, power generation, pulp and paper, refining, and waste water treatment.
- Feed raw material and processing agents into plant machinery.
- Prepare and measure raw material.
- Set controls and operate machinery.
- Check instruments and equipment to make sure of correct operation, and be aware of any abnormal operating conditions.
- Take samples for testing, test products, and record process data.
- Install wiring and other electrical components such as circuit breaker panels, switches, and light fixtures, following blueprints, the National Electrical Code®, and state and local codes.
- Perform key installation and maintenance functions across several industries including piping, tubing, fasteners and metallurgy, electrical systems, craft-specific drawings, and hand and power tools specific to the trade.