The CAAHEP-accredited cardiovascular sonography program provides a full-time advanced technical certificate to prepare competent entry-level sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) domains toward quality sonographic imaging and patient care in diagnostic imaging services. Those accepted into this program have met published academic admission criteria. Successful graduates will have demonstrated fulfillment of all necessary clinical and academic competencies required for eligibility to sit for the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification (or other sonography-specific) examinations within the specialized area(s) of study.
- PSLO1. Obtain, review, and integrate pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- PSLO2. Perform appropriate procedures and record anatomic, pathologic, and/or physiologic data for interpretation by a physician.
- PSLO3. Record, analyze, and process diagnostic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
- PSLO4. Exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of sonographic and/or other diagnostic services.
- PSLO5. Demonstrate appropriate communication skills with patients and colleagues.
- PSLO6. Act in a professional and ethical manner.
- PSLO7. Provide patient education related to medical ultrasound and/or other diagnostic vascular techniques, and promote principles of good health.
Concentrations are optional but if applicable please list name of the program and concentration description.
CIP Code: 31.51.0910.00
Professional Accrediting Body: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), through recommendation by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
State Agency/Entity Oversight: Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS)
Applicable Certification/License or Industry-recognized Certificates to Be Awarded: N/A
(Specify whether the credential is awarded as a component of the degree/certificate or if it is optional, meaning that the student is prepared and eligible to take the test for the credential.)
Though students become eligible to sit for certain certification examinations, the institutional certificate that is awarded is not associated with any of these certifying bodies.
Articulation with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (TCAT): N/A
Concentration(s) within the A.A.S. in _________________________ N/A
- Course 1:
- Course 2:
- Course 3:
(Note: A concentration description with a minimum of 9 SCH is required for EACH concentration recommended by the Statewide Curriculum Committee.)