Applied Science (General Engineering Concentration)
Academic Program Inventory Title:
A.A.S. Degree in Applied Science with concentration in:
• General Engineering
CIP Code: 140102 (AAS-APS-GENR)
The A.A.S. in Applied Science, General Engineering concentration is a unique collaboration between Chattanooga State and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The program allows students to complete the first two years of their engineering curriculum then transfer as a junior to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in pursuit of a discipline-specific Bachelor of Science degree in engineering.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and other related disciplines.
- Conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Identify, formulate, and solve applied science problems.
- Function on teams.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Understand contemporary issues.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern applied science tools necessary for professional practice.
Professional Accrediting Body:
ANSAC-ABET, Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission-Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
State Agency/Entity Oversight:
Applicable Certification/License or Industry-recognized Certificates to Be Awarded:
Institution specific. Please see your academic advisor.
Articulation with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (TCAT):
Articulation with Four-Year Institutions:
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Concentration within the A.A.S. in Applied Science
There is only one concentration in the A.A.S. Applied Science degree. The concentration is General Engineering.
The program description and program outcomes are the same as listed above.