CIP Code: 29.47.0303.12
The Mechanical Maintenance Electrical and Instrumentation Department of the Tennessee College of Applied Technology Athens is to meet more adequately the Mechanical Maintenance Electrical and Instrumentation training needs of citizens and residents of the five-county service delivery area (SDA) including employees of existing and prospective industries and businesses.
The program has been designed to assist students in the following:
- Provide entry-level job skills in the following areas:
- Plant Maintenance
- New Construction
- Machine Building
- Develop habits in punctuality and attendance, which would carry over to future employment.
- Develop a safe apprentice.
- Become independent and self-reliant so she or he does not need constant supervision in future employment.
- Develop problem formulation, solving and trouble shooting.
- Integrate into current curriculum understanding of technology changes and the advantages of multi-dimensional thinking.
At the completion of the diploma in Mechanical Maintenance Electrical and Instrumentation, graduates will be able to:
Professional Accrediting Body:
The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
State Agency/Entity Oversight:
Applicable Certification/License or Industry-recognized Certificates to Be Awarded: