Oct 04, 2023
AOT 7012 - Anatomy and Pathophysiology
Clock Hours: 110
Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding integrates expanded anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology coverage with the latest medical terminology students need to correctly code in ICD-10.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Introduce the student to the human body, explaining anatomical terms and the body systems.
- Define the anatomy and physiology of various systems of the body.
- Understand anatomy as it relates to the medical record.
- Define anatomy and physiology and use anatomic reference systems to identify the anatomic position for all major organ systems.
- Master anatomy as it relates to the procedural coding manual.
- Define the basic terminology related to pathophysiology.
- Define and review normal human anatomy and physiology.
- Define, review, and explore the structure and function of each major body system.
- Define and explore the most common disorders and diseases related to each of the major body systems.
- Define the basic approach to diagnosis and use of diagnostic procedures of human disease.
- Define the basic approach to pathology.
- Define the basic approach to treatment of disorders.